Following on from last week’s PART ONE, we continue the sequence of Ovulatory & Luteal Yoga.
This sequence is the third sequence in Fertility Yoga cycle, and is designed to be the more delicate phase of your cycle. For many women, on the journey to conception and ovulation, there is a lot of anxiety and stress, hormonally and emotionally. This sequence aims to reduce stress and restore your mind and body to its natural state.
A powerful sequence to soothe the body, mind and nervous system while bringing the optimum health and blood-flow to your reproductive organs.
The Ovulatory & Luteal Phase is for post ovulation and post IVF transfer, and is designed to support the implantation of a fertilized egg. Again, these poses are gentle and assist with creating space within the womb. This sequence promotes optimal blood-flow to the reproductive organs and supports emotional harmony and relaxation within the body.
- Please Note: After implantation, check with your Doctor that this form of yoga is appropriate for you. I recommend you wait a minimum of 2 days after implantation before commencing this practice.
- If you would just like to take it easy and wish to focus on meditation only, Reclined butterfly / Viparita Karani, can be a wonderful pose.
We continue from Child Pose (final pose in PART ONE)
Reclined open heart
- Heart openers are known for their heart opening and mood elevation properties
- This pose work to improve breathing, reduce anxiety and depression, increase circulation and stimulate your thyroid gland
- Take deep breaths into the centre of your chest
- Notice your heart space
- Feel your heart emanating warmth sending beams of light through your entire body so that you are this glowing vessel of love
Hold for 3-10 minutes
Legs up the wall/ Viparita Karani
- This pose brings balance to your hormone
- It calms your nervous system and brings fresh blood and oxygen to your reproductive organs
- It lowers your blood pressure and rejuvenates your body
- Take this moment to consciously absorb all the nutrient rich circulation flowing to your womb
- Visualize your womb as bright, radiant and receptive
Hold For 3 -10 minutes
Happy Baby Pose ( With or without bolster)
- This pose relieves stress anxiety, improves circulation and opens the hips and pelvic region, while calming the mind
- Breathe deeply and allow yourself to be immersed in the joy that you have within
- Let go of any boundaries and fears that stop you from believing that you cannot access your greatest desires
- Feel the fear and breathe through it
- Let go
Hold for 1-2 Minutes
- Come back to the visualisation of the opening meditation in PART ONE
- Place one hand over your heart and one hand over your belly
- See your uterus shining, vibrant with life and energy
- Stay here for as long as you need
Come to sit comfortably or stay lying down on your mat. Place your left hand on your heart and right hand on your belly. Return to the awareness of love and warmth, flowing from your heart down to your womb.
Say ‘Om’ once: Acknowledge the universe within and without and set your fertility intentions
With Love, Light and blessings
Leigh Journey OM
Feel free to contact me any time on firstname.lastname@example.org, I would love to hear from you.